2017... Blocks 3 and 4 for Wendy

Now that I have have one blog post done I may as well get into my second 😂

You would think it would be easy peasy to chose 4 fabrics a year to feature in 4 economy blocks. Nope! It's actually harder than you think. Well it is for me at least. There are so many pretty, bold or quirky fabrics out there from so many awesome designers. Crazy talented people.

I would love to here your suggestions for fabrics that you come across this year that you just LOVE!





Eye candy of some of the fabrics I had that I was auditioning to use. Lots of Cotton + Steel in there and some a little left of centre.


BLOCK THREE




FEATURE FABRIC
Manufacturer:Art Gallery Fabrics
Designer: Amy Sinibaldi
Range: Abloom Fusion Collection - He Loves Me [Abloom]

SOLID FABRIC
Manufacturer: Moda
Range: French General - Pattern #13829

LOW VOLUME FABRIC
Manufacturer:Art Gallery Fabrics
Designer: Amy Sinibaldi
Range: Charleston Collection - Arianas [Cream]

I am not sure where I got the Moda French General fabric but I came across it in my stash and really wanted to use it. I though it meshed really well with the pineapples i chose for the low volume. Then to decide on the feature fabric. in the end I decided on this flower fabric mainly because I thought it was pretty and has a softer look than the other blocks that I have produced.


BLOCK FOUR





FEATURE FABRIC
Manufacturer: Cotton + Steel
Designer: Melody Miller
Range: Jubilee - Balloons [Peach]

SOLID FABRIC
Manufacturer:Robert Kaufman
Range: Kona Cotton [Highlight]

LOW VOLUME FABRIC
Manufacturer: Cotton + Steel
Designer: Melody Miller
Range: Jubilee - Party Lights [Blue]

I just love the ladies and their balloons print. I know in the earlier photos it shows that I have other colour ways to what I ended up using in this block.... and that the peach version of the arty light may have been better as the low volume but I just liked this combo better with the highlight Kona as the solid.... and I really wanted to use highlight. It was the 2016 Kona colour of the year. SO yep this block is kinda breaking our own rules in using low volume around the outside but I still think that even though there is a lot of colour in this party lights print I'm calling it low volume lol Really we reserved the right to swap low volume for a less intense solid and a denser outer print.

Cotton + Steel is definitely a favourite of mine. They always have a great range of prints and colours. I can't wait to see what gets released in 2018.

Thanks for reading
TS 😘

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

In the beginning....